- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 3 days ago
- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 32 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 34 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 36 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 39 days ago
Ford Recall 17C04: Driver's Door May Unlatch In A Crash/FMVSS 206
2017 Ford Mustang
If the door unlatches in a crash it can increase the risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford Mustang vehicles. The return spring for the driver side interior door handle may come loose, allowing the driver's door to unlatch in a side impact crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driver-side interior door handle and repair the return spring, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began April 14, 2017. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 17C04.
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Non Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 206
- Media Statement
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - March 14, 2017 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 17C04
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.