- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 4 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 10 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 10 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 17C04: Driver's Door May Unlatch In A Crash/FMVSS 206
2017 Ford Mustang
If the door unlatches in a crash it can increase the risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford Mustang vehicles. The return spring for the driver side interior door handle may come loose, allowing the driver's door to unlatch in a side impact crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driver-side interior door handle and repair the return spring, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began April 14, 2017. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 17C04.
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Non Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 206
- Media Statement
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - March 14, 2017 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 17C04
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.