- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 10 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 31 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 31 days ago
Ford Recall 16S40: Oil Leak From Engine Cooler Hose
2017 Ford Mustang
A sudden loss of engine oil may cause engine failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, an oil leak, in the presence of an ignition source, increases the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Cooling System — Hose
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Mustang vehicles manufactured February 24, 2015, to August 30, 2016. A hose may separate from the engine oil cooler tube assembly causing an oil leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the engine oil cooler tube assembly, free of charge. The recall began on March 23, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S40.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 25, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S40
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - February 20, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S40 Certain 2015-2017 Model Year Mustang GT350 and GT350R Vehicles Engine Oil Cooler Tube Assembly Replacement
- Media Correspondence
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.