- March 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Includes 268,000 Cars recalls | 11 days ago
- March 25: Ford E-Series Recall Ordered For Stalled Engines recalls | 12 days ago
- March 12: Ford Ranger Blower Motor Recall Issued For Second Time recalls | 25 days ago
- March 8: Ford F-150 Brake Failure Lawsuit Hangs On news | 29 days ago
- March 6: Ford Door Latch Freezing? Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 31 days ago
Ford Defect Investigation AQ18001: Zipcar Rental Concerns
2016 Ford Transit
Zipcar Rental Concerns
- NHTSA is opening this audit query in order to determine whether Zipcar, Inc. has complied with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.The Safety Act requires, among other things, that a rental company not rent, lease, or sell a recalled vehicle until the safety defect or noncompliance is remedied.49 U.S.C. § 30120(i).NHTSA is in receipt of information that alleges Zipcar, Inc. rented at least one vehicle to a consumer without having remedied safety defects.Accordingly, we are opening this audit query to seek information concerning these allegations and to verify whether improper rentals were made. The recall included in this audit is NHTSA recall No. 17V-408.
Click a tab for more information.