- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 10 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 16 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 26 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall : Seat Back May Not Stay Upright/FMVSS 207
2016 Ford Transit
In the event of a crash, if the seat back moves, the seat occupant has an increased risk of injury.
- National Van Builders, Inc. (National Van) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Ford Transit vehicles equipped with Freedman GO-ES Foldaway Seats, part numbers 43705, 45467, 48923, and 75719. When the back seat cushion is rotated from the stowed position to the upright position, the seat cushion may not remain locked into place when under load, such as in a crash or a sudden stop. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 207, "Seating Systems."
- National Van will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and repair the foldaway seat, free of charge. The recall began November 26, 2018. Owners may contact National Van customer service at 1-508-222-2272.
Click a tab for more information.