- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 5 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 12 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 12 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 17S34: Water May Enter The Trailer Tow Module
2016 Ford Transit
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire. Turn signal, instrument cluster or seatbelt pretensioner problems can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford Transit vehicles, equipped with a trailer tow module. Water can enter the tow modules and corrode the wiring causing issues such as rapidly flashing turn signals, loss of instrument panel display, an electrical short and possibly the deployment of seatbelt pretensioner.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will add a drainage hole in the driver's door stepwell and incorporate a fuse into the vehicle's wiring harness, free of charge. The recall began on February 9, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S34.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 24, 2017SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S34
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.