- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 4 days ago
- June 12: Ford Explorer Recall: Suspension Problems in 1.2 Million SUVs recalls | 5 days ago
- June 11: Ford Truck 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Includes F-250 and F-350 news | 6 days ago
- June 10: Ford CP4 Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Says Automaker news | 7 days ago
- May 26: MyFord Touch Class Action Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 17S34: Water May Enter The Trailer Tow Module
2016 Ford Transit
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire. Turn signal, instrument cluster or seatbelt pretensioner problems can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford Transit vehicles, equipped with a trailer tow module. Water can enter the tow modules and corrode the wiring causing issues such as rapidly flashing turn signals, loss of instrument panel display, an electrical short and possibly the deployment of seatbelt pretensioner.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will add a drainage hole in the driver's door stepwell and incorporate a fuse into the vehicle's wiring harness, free of charge. The recall began on February 9, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S34.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 24, 2017SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S34
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.