- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 3 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 20 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 33 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 37 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 51 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Steering Gear
1998 Ford Windstar
This condition can increase steering efforts, affecting steering control.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles and mini-vans. The rack and pinion steering gears may have damaged input shaft bearings.
- Dealers will inspect the date code on the rack and pinion steering gear, and, if necessary, replace those rack and pinion assemblies that fall within the suspect date code range. The date codes for Windstar model vehicles are 97jb09 or 97jc08; the date codes for mustang model vehicles are 97J09B or 97J08B.
Click a tab for more information.