- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 1 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 9 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 14 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Steering Gear
1998 Ford Windstar
This condition can increase steering efforts, affecting steering control.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles and mini-vans. The rack and pinion steering gears may have damaged input shaft bearings.
- Dealers will inspect the date code on the rack and pinion steering gear, and, if necessary, replace those rack and pinion assemblies that fall within the suspect date code range. The date codes for Windstar model vehicles are 97jb09 or 97jc08; the date codes for mustang model vehicles are 97J09B or 97J08B.
Click a tab for more information.