- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 13 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 13 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 15 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 02S33: Ford/Trailer-Tow Connector
2000 Ford Windstar
This could cause a short circuit in the electrical connector at the rear wire harness. A short circuit can lead to malfunctions of the rear lighting system, reverse park-aid system, or trailer tow electrical system. A sustained short circuit can result in melted connectors and potentially lead to a fire.
- In some minivans, water and other contaminants (dirt, salt, etc.) can enter into the right rear passenger compartment due to a missing body sealer.
- Dealers will inspect the electrical connector and surrounding area for absence of body sealing and corrosion. If corrosion is present, dealers will service the body gaps, repair corroded connectors, and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. If corrosion is not present but the body sealer is missing, dealers will service the body gaps and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.