- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 1 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 22 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 02S33: Ford/Trailer-Tow Connector
2000 Ford Windstar
This could cause a short circuit in the electrical connector at the rear wire harness. A short circuit can lead to malfunctions of the rear lighting system, reverse park-aid system, or trailer tow electrical system. A sustained short circuit can result in melted connectors and potentially lead to a fire.
- In some minivans, water and other contaminants (dirt, salt, etc.) can enter into the right rear passenger compartment due to a missing body sealer.
- Dealers will inspect the electrical connector and surrounding area for absence of body sealing and corrosion. If corrosion is present, dealers will service the body gaps, repair corroded connectors, and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. If corrosion is not present but the body sealer is missing, dealers will service the body gaps and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.