- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 11 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 17 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 18 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 21 days ago
Ford Recall 02S33: Ford/Trailer-Tow Connector
2000 Ford Windstar
This could cause a short circuit in the electrical connector at the rear wire harness. A short circuit can lead to malfunctions of the rear lighting system, reverse park-aid system, or trailer tow electrical system. A sustained short circuit can result in melted connectors and potentially lead to a fire.
- In some minivans, water and other contaminants (dirt, salt, etc.) can enter into the right rear passenger compartment due to a missing body sealer.
- Dealers will inspect the electrical connector and surrounding area for absence of body sealing and corrosion. If corrosion is present, dealers will service the body gaps, repair corroded connectors, and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. If corrosion is not present but the body sealer is missing, dealers will service the body gaps and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.