- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 13 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 19 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 23 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 37 days ago
Ford Recall 02S33: Ford/Trailer-Tow Connector
2000 Ford Windstar
This could cause a short circuit in the electrical connector at the rear wire harness. A short circuit can lead to malfunctions of the rear lighting system, reverse park-aid system, or trailer tow electrical system. A sustained short circuit can result in melted connectors and potentially lead to a fire.
- In some minivans, water and other contaminants (dirt, salt, etc.) can enter into the right rear passenger compartment due to a missing body sealer.
- Dealers will inspect the electrical connector and surrounding area for absence of body sealing and corrosion. If corrosion is present, dealers will service the body gaps, repair corroded connectors, and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. If corrosion is not present but the body sealer is missing, dealers will service the body gaps and apply a protective patch to the connector assembly and body hole. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.