2017 GMC Acadia accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 GMC Acadia:

2017 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Feb 212018

Acadia

The horn has not worked since we bought the car in late February. When we tried to blow the horn for the first we could not get it work. My wife told me that the horn would not work and I didn't believe her. I went to try it and found unless you press extremely hard in the center ti will not blow. She can't get to blow at all.

Took it to the dealer to have them look at it and said that it needed a new sensor. That was over three weeks ago and the part it on back order.

I believe that this is a very serious safety problem. Already had several close encounters where a horn is a must.

- Joseph P., Hudson, NY, US

Nov 012016

Acadia Denali 3.2L V6

The horn has not worked from day one. Dealer says can't fix until GM redesigns a solution. Sad.

- Jerry G., Eastport, ME, US

Mar 102017

Acadia Denali V61gkknxls7hz220974

The horn does not work properly. It will not work if you press it in the middle, and will not work on the sides unless you press it VERY HARD and several times. It takes an enormous amount of pressure before it will work. This is not safe and we already had several encounters where we almost got into an accident because we could not sound the horn to warn another driver they were going to run into us in the parking lot and on the road. GM needs to do a recall because this is a very serious safety issue.

- karen57, Troy, US

Nov 152016

Acadia Danali V6

The 2017 Acadia has a physical horn but it does not work without taking hands off wheel and trying to push to make horn sound.

GMC says it is a bad design but they do not fix that type of thing.

Apparently they wait till there are enough deaths to force the issue.

this is a real problem and needs to be tested and then corrected.

What more can one say than this......and then watch while nothing is being done.

wpz

- Weston And Susan Z., Wild Rose, WI, US

Nov 012016

Acadia Danali V6

The horn on our new 2017 Acadia did not work. Six people have tried to push to make horn go and none could do it.

Took to dealer and was told it was a poor design. If you take too hands and push on the horn it does make a noise.......they said there was nothing they could do. I contacted GMC---they said they can not do anything about a poor design feature. We were very upset as it is a safety issue and apparently people have to die before it becomes an issue. Two other vehicles of the same type were told they had the same problem.

We do not want this to be like the air bag problem......only have deaths have been recorded. We do not feel safe driving a car that does not have a normal functioning horn. You should not have to take you hands off the wheel to attempt to blow the horn in a rush!!!! This is a serious issue that needs to be reviewed. To say it is simply a poor design does not protect my family.

- Weston And Susan Z., Wild Rose, WI, US

Dec 072016

Acadia

Dealer cannot find problem. Said it works like other Acadia. Have to press on the top r or l and bottom r or l. Won't work in middle. Most of the time it does not work on bottom r or l or top l. Have to press REAL hard maybe 3 or 4 times. I hope I do not have to make a quick decision to use my horn do not know if it will work.

Said they had to wait to see if there is a recall.

- bbunivkb, Milford, MI, US