- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 11 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 14 days ago
- June 11: GM Truck Hood Recall Issued, Again recalls | 29 days ago
- May 20: GMC Acadia 'Shift to Park' Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 51 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 73 days ago
GMC TSB #PIT5246E
2017 GMC Acadia
Affected Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:HATCHBACK/LIFTGATE
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician to replace the right hand lift-gate strut on 2007-2016 GMC Acadia and 2007-2010 Saturn Outlook if a clunk or pop is heard. If the vehicle is an 2008-2016 Buick Enclave and 2009-2016 Chevrolet Traverse and If the struts are not weak and can hold the lift-gate open, the struts should NOT be replaced and this noise should be considered a normal condition. With the new strut installed the lift-gate noise should mimic levels currently heard on the 2009-2016 Traverse and 2008-2016 Enclave as some noise is still considered normal. Low ambient temperatures will still contribute to making this condition worse and the amount of noise may also vary between vehicles.
Click a tab for more information.