- January 7: GM Recalls GMC Sierra 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 recalls | 18 days ago
- January 2: GM 8-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over Shuddering news | 23 days ago
- December 20: GM Lifter Recall Needed, Says Class Action Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- December 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Trailering Information Labels news | 44 days ago
- October 28: GMC Yukon Tail Light Replacement Lawsuit Allegedly Fails news | 89 days ago
GMC Defect Investigation DP10001: Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
2006 GMC Envoy XL
Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
Fuel System, Other
Fuel System, Other:Storage:Fuel Gauge System
- The Office of Defects Investigation has received 668 complaints alleging inaccurate fuel gauge reading while driving in model year 2005-07 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, and Saab 9-7x vehicles.Of the 668 complaints, 58 incidents were alleged to result in a vehicle stall.Of the 58 stalling incidents, 43 complaints reported stalling because the fuel level reading indicated more fuel availability than what is actually in the fuel tank. One complaint alleged a vehicle crash after the vehicle stalled while exiting the interstate, became disabled, and was struck from behind.Summarily, the complaints show an apparent increasing trend, with most complaints received within the past year.A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency and potential safety consequences associated with the alleged defect.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.