- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 28 days ago
- November 9: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Continues For Florida Customers news | 29 days ago
- November 1: GM Wheel Speed Sensor Recall Issued For Unintended Braking recalls | 37 days ago
- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 52 days ago
GMC Recall : Wheelchair Lift Anti-Stow Interlock
2006 GMC Savana
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move unintentionally.
- Main mobility is recalling 185 model year 2005 through 2009 Chevrolet express and GMC Savana vans manufactured between April 1, 2005 and June 25, 2009, equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift installations in motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Main mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or main mobility at 1-716-759-6811.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.