6.7

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

May 012015

Sierra 1500 4x4 5.3L

took to dealer for the vibration, they charged $69 for a fancy wheel balancing did not fix a thing. they said get used to it they all do it. $50,000 truck get used to it.

Update from Dec 10, 2017: has anyone got a $ pay back from gm for the chevy shake

- dirtydantoo, Rochester Hills, MI, US

Jan 222016

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

The vibration got extremely bad around 5000 miles, and has gotten progressively worse. It has been in approx. 6 times for this issue. The dealership tried road force balancing the tires the problem was worse. Now GM is saying no problem found. They are not interested in doing anything.

- wineman, Volant, PA, US

Feb 122016

Sierra 1500 Z71 5.3L

I have owned this truck for 8 months now, and I haven't had any issues with shaking or vibrations on the freeway until about 2 months ago. Since then, a vibration developed and has gotten worse over time. When I am driving down the freeway at mph the seat shakes so much I can feel it. I can see the passenger seat shaking. I have never owned a vehicle before that the passenger seat would shake when going down the freeway. I also get a slight vibration in the steering wheel.

This isn't normal. I have read other complaints on here with the same issue that the dealer has told the owner this is normal for this truck.

I just dropped the vehicle off today at a GMC dealer. They told me the wheels need to be balances. I am hopeful this takes care of the problem. If not ,I don't want the truck back until it is fixed.

- Nate A., Ray twp, MI, US