2018 GMC Sierra 1500 transmission problems: hesitation, surging

Hesitation, Surging

2018 GMC Sierra 1500

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your GMC dealer.

7.0

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500:

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 202019

Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2L

Just traded my 2017 GMC SLT PREMIUM PACKAGE for a 2018 GMC SLT PREMIUM PACKAGE due to transmission problems I will be damn if my 2018 don't start having the same issues after about 800 miles just turned 1000 today and getting worst I think it's pretty bad when you pay 59,000 dollars for a truck that GM don't want to stand behind when they there are issues the dealerships will tell that. GM needs to step up to the plate and fix these issues they know they have or we all need to start driving a different truck like Ford or Dodge ones that stand behind their product.

- Lori C., Hamilton, IL, US

Jul 182018

Sierra 1500 5.3L V8

Have had the truck in the dealer two times 1st my selling dealer they never put a mile on it. 2nd a Chevy dealer they claim to not be able to duplicate the issue. I have it on camera and recorded on odb Bluetooth torque app.

After the truck has set overnight or after a shift at work and the engine is cold when shifted into reverse it will surge like a engine with a big cam ,it will spin gravel very dangerous. In forward around 20 to 35 mph it will have a hesitation feeling until the engine is 1/4 the way warmed up . There is a TSB# 17-NA-070 for the model year 2017.

I have had a GM rep admit to me (GM is aware of the issue and are trying to find a fix) but get told they don't know how long. An internet search of GM hesitation problem will show it started in model year 2014 and still hasn't been corrected into 2018. Just get a run around of transmission is learning or operating as designed. GM has had to do buy backs for these. NOT happy below quality and no backing!!!!!

Buyer beware don't test drive a truck then dealer has already warmed up be the first to turn the key. That's how they get these trucks off the lot they let them run and warm up before the customer drives it off the lot!!!

- Eric J., Wooster, OH, US