- August 18: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 4 days ago
- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 9 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 28 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 49 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 58 days ago
GMC Recall 13247: Rear Brake Caliper Bolts/FMVSS 135
2014 GMC Yukon
Loose caliper bolts may cause reduced braking performance and result in lengthened stopping distances, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Suburban vehicles manufactured July 9, 2013, through July 22, 2013; and 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles manufactured July 16, 2013, through July 23, 2013; and model year 2014 GMC Yukon vehicles manufactured July 13, 2013, through July 18, 2013; and model year 2014 GMC Yukon XL vehicles manufactured on July 22, 2013. The rear brake caliper bolts may not be fully tightened. Thus, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the bolts on both rear brake caliper brackets. Any bolts found loose will be replaced and tightened. This service will be performed, at no charge. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. GM's recall number is 13247.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.