2015 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems: vibration

Vibration

2015 GMC Yukon

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your GMC dealer.

6.4

2015 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Yukon:

2015 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

May 012015

Yukon SLE 5.3L V8

We bought our Yukon XL sight unseen from a dealer in Atlanta, GA. They delivered the car to our home in AL. When we first got the car we noticed some unusual drivetrain "shaking" or "vibration" but thought maybe it was something minor. Well, it was nothing minor - it has turned out to be the worst problem we have ever had with the car. The vibration has made my wife, who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis, very sick. We have been fighting with GM for months and all we get from them is this is a "normal characteristic" of this vehicle. This is complete garbage. It is not normal and they know it. I have driven other Yukons and Subrubans and they are nowhere near as bad as mine. Some vibrate slightly while others do not at all. We started noticing the issue after taking long trips and we would notice that my wife would slip into a nasty MS relapse. Then we started taking one of our other cars and we would notice that she would be fine. GM has admitted that they cannot fix my car and offered a very small amount to trade assist me up to a much more expensive Denali. We don't want $5,000 toward a vehicle that costs $25,000 more than ours. GM has been about as uncaring as a company can be. We didn't make the defective car that is making many people sick - they did. This is just one of many issues we have had with this car (popping noise in rear that cannot be fixed, muffler replaced, car misses when gas below 1/4 tank, AC issues, pinging noses, wind buffeting noise that required taillight replaced, and much more). We will never ever own another GM vehicle as long as we live. My wife and I have six children and we have owned over 25 new cars since we have been married. This car is by far the worst car we have ever owned and the vibration is making my wife sick and GM could care less. We have numerous other unresolved issues with this car but this is the main one.

- Jay M., Wetumpka, AL, US

Nov 012014

Yukon Denali

I have had 2 other new Chevrolet Tahoes and currently have a 2013 Hot Wheels edition Camaro. Really enjoyed the performance of both Tahoes and thought I would up grade to Yukon Denali. The Camaro sets in the garage most of the time so I can't report on that.

We have had several issue with Denali. The navigation system is worthless, the vibration at about 1200 to 1800 RPM is annoying, the body parts around the windows flapping in the wind not to mention the noise caused in the interior is annoying and embarrassing and concerning that they are going to fly off and cause a accident, the license plate light in the rear door falls out every now and then and we could go on but I think I have vented enough.

The real kicker about this is GM procrastination to warranty any of it. I have been waiting for over 4 months now for answers and have got none. It is a real shame to see "American made" produce such a poor product and not stand behind it!

- was loyal to gm, Centerville, UT, US

Feb 012016

Yukon SLE 5.3L

VIBRATION!!!!

Just like the news articles say.

2015 Yukon XL

Buffeting sound, like one window is down, kinda hurts your ears, vibrates the vehicle.

It happens when vehicle switches to V4 mode going at steady speed or RPM under load.

Once it switches to V8 mode or you let off gas in V4 mode it goes away!

It's got to be something with the drive train, exhaust pressure or something??

Wonder if I could get the cylinder deactivation deactivated πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I'm positive it wouldn't vibrate any more if they could turn it off.

Haven't taken it in yet. Just got rid of a 2015 4Runner limited that I hated too....geez...losing money😳

- Jason M., Redmond, OR, US

May 022015

Yukon Denali 6.2L

Brand new vehicle has a shimmy or vibration felt mainly in the front seats and steering wheel at a speed between 40 - 65. Brought the vehicle back to the dealer 4 times in 2 1/2 months and still not fixed. The dealership balanced the tires on two different occasions and they even replaced one tire after the F/R would not road force balance. Vibration confirmed through a pico scope. Currently waiting for an appointment with a GM engineer.

Update from Aug 26, 2015: The GM engineer on the 5th visit determined the dealerships tire balance machine was out of spec and afterwards determined all 4 tires needed to be rebalanced. Once again the the vibration continued and they determined on the 6th visit in 4 months there is a service bulletin that requires the front and rear suspension to be replaced with the upgraded Cadillac Escalade parts. There is a major improvement in the harsh stiff ride but the shimmy or vibration is still present. Waiting to hear back from the engineer so stay tuned.

- Jeff M., Milford, US

Dec 232014

Yukon Denali 6.2L

I owned a 2008 Yukon Denali that I drove for 250000 km. I was very pleased with the vehicle. In December 2014, I bought a new 2015 Yukon Denali. What a disappointment.

Many important problems occurred since day one. Important leak on the heating radiator system, On-Star not working, Wi-Fi problem, heating of seats not working properly, brake failure of the trailer towing system, transfer case switch not working, and most of all, a very annoying vibration throughout the vehicle.

The Denali has been 15 days at the dealer on the 65 days I had it, and half of the problems ( vibration, brakes, seats ) have not been fixed yet. I sent a letter to GM, I never got an answer.

My sons and I own 19 GM, 4 Ram and 4 Ford pick-up trucks. Does no answer from GM mean it is time to switch those figures around?

- clauderodrigue, St-Sauveur, Quebec, Canada