2016 GMC Yukon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 GMC Yukon:

2016 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Yukon Denali Xl 6.2L

4 Week old 2016 Yukon Denali XL, has stalled 3 times in last 4 weeks, Engine cuts off after a left or right turn, and It has to be restarted! Could have easily had an accident or worse. Took it to the dealer, 3 times. 1st two times, all of service dept. could not diagnose the problem. Today, after a stall, called Onstar, ran a diagnostics, found nothing of value , I left it at dealership and contacted District Mgr. Matt Tillson . I Was told that they would escalate the issue. I did tell dealer that GMC and dealership would be at fault if vehicle is in an accident and dies while I am driving. I did not want the vehicle back without the problem having been fixed.

- p j, Katy, US

Aug 162016

Yukon Denali Xl 6.2L

engine turns off after a left or right turn :3 in 4 week

4 Week old 2016 Yukon Denali XL, has stalled 3 times in last 4 weeks, Engine cuts off after a left or a right turn only after a short drive out of home. The SUV has to be restarted! Could have easily had an accident or worse. Took it to the dealer, 3 times. 1st two times, all of service dept. could not diagnose the problem. Today, after a stall, called Onstar, ran a diagnostics, found nothing of value , I left it at dealership and contacted District Mgr. Matt Tillson . I Was told that they would escalate the issue. I did tell dealer that GMC and dealership would be at fault if vehicle is in an accident and dies while I am driving. I did not want the vehicle back without the problem having been fixed. its day 11 today. I was notified that there is a problem in the electrical harness...in short , they replaced a bunch wiring in vehicle, and while doing so , incorrectly reassembled the interior cab . So now they are ordering a new dashboard assembly to fix the problem!

- p j, Katy, US