ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

4.2

2016 Honda HR-V lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

May 052017

HR-V

Tail lights filling with water, no bulbs have ever been replaced. Bad seal?

- Kennebunk, ME, USA

Mar 032017

HR-V

To cancel a tire inflation warning at approx. 17,000 miles, I popped the hood of the vehicle to access the negative battery cable with the intention of disconnecting +reconnecting to clear warning.instead I found both neg.+pos. Cables unsecured to both battery posts.I contacted american Honda to report this defect, request a battery replacement, electrical system test+error code retrieval.this extremely dangerous situation may have permanently damaged the vehicle+despite my numerous calls to Honda, I've yet to receive a response.this is a build, sales+service problem that should not exist on any new vehicle sold.symptoms prior to discovery=dimming headlamps@idle, poor transmission+engine response, reduced mileage+intermittent burning smell.I was fortunate my vehicle never died in traffic or caught fire.my case number with Honda=05755540.again, my concern is that the factory in Mexico, the selling dealer in temecula and the first servicing deaer in anaheim(@10,000 service)never verified that the battery cables were properly secured for safe operation.my mechanical service experience+dumb luck should not be a substitute for Honda's failure on multiple levels.short of "I'm very sorry" from the person taking my initial complaint, Honda has done nothing to correct the described problem.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Oct 212016

HR-V

Observed Hr-V pulling into driveway at night. Car completely dark. Brake lights work normally, drl's appeared to be on. I assumed driver forgot to turn on lights. Two weeks later, driver pulled over by police at night for no parking lights. Trobleshooting showed normal brake lights, turn signals, hazard flashers, and dash lights dim when parking lights selected. Could not find any fuse or relay referenced in the owners manual for the parking lights. Found a schematic online and isolated problem to a "taillight relay" but could not find the relay referenced in the owners manual, or find location online. Took car to dealer for warranty repair. Relay located in hidden compartment under battery. Safety issue - parking lights inop- only repairable by dealer- no reference in owner's manual for hidden taillight relay - stopped by police at night on intestate and given verbal warning for safety violation. Reference schematic page 1, left side

- Jacksonville, FL, USA