- March 12: Honda and Acura Recall 1.1 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 34 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 38 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 40 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 88 days ago
Honda Recall C31, L30: Coating On Rear Brake Caliper Pistons/FMVSS 135
2018 Honda HR-V
A reduction of braking performance increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2017-2019 Acura MDX, 2017-2018 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid, 2018-2019 Honda HR-V and Honda Odyssey, and 2016 Honda HR-V vehicles. The rear brake caliper pistons may have an insufficient coating, causing gas pockets to form, reducing brake performance. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Owners will be notified, and Honda or Acura dealers will bleed the brakes, free of charge. The recall began December 11, 2018. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are C31 and L30.
Click a tab for more information.