6.8

$200

2. repaint (1 reports)
  3. repaint rear bumper (1 reports)
2013 Hyundai Genesis body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Genesis:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jan 012018

Genesis 3.8L

Common problem. Same as previously reported. Paint is de-laminating between primer and top coat.

- Keith L., Baton Rouge, LA, US

Mar 162016

Genesis

The paint clear coat came off of the rocker panels on the bottom of the car. Paint faded terribly on the back bumper of the vehicle. Dealership should pay to have this vehicle repainted as this issue continues to happen to more and more people.

- bamabrigade, Kingsport, TN, US

Sep 222014

Genesis Sedan 3.8L

paint on rear bumper peeling

I HAD THE BUMBER REPAINTED FOR $200

ONE YEAR LATER SAME PROBLEM THEY REPAINTED AGAIN AT NO CHARGE

NOW IN 2016 THE BUMPER IS BUBBLING AGAIN AS WELL AS THE FRONT BUMPER IS ALL DISCOLORED. WILL TAKE IT BACK TO HYUNDAI AGAINTHIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. I WILL NEVER BUY A HYUNDAI PRODUCT AGAIN

- Larry L., Port Charlotte, FL, US

May 272016

Genesis Limited 3.2L

I just purchased this car and was doing the final rinse at the car wash when I noticed the clear-coat paint on the rocker panels on both of the rocker panels beginning to peel off. This should never happen and is definitely a factory defect. Are there any recalls on this issue from Hyundai?

- Quentin L., Crossville, TN, US

Apr 292016

Genesis

click to see larger images

paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling

paint peeling on front and rear bumper

I haven't had my car long at all. 2013 Hyundai genesis. what begin as a little circle of paint peeling has now grown into several big areas on my front bumper and are an eye sore. This troubles me grately because I don't pay a monthly note to drive around looking like trash. and I want it fixed by the maker. I was relieved for a moment to know I wasn't alone with this problem. please tell me how I can get dealership to fix this.

- shanikasmith, Texarkana, TX, US