7.9

2020 Hyundai Palisade accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Hyundai Palisade:

2020 Hyundai Palisade Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Feb 282021

Palisade

Was traveling in the subject vehicle at approximately 40 mph on a well maintained county street when a small piece of gravel struck and cracked the windshield. The nearest vehicle was approximately 100 yards ahead, traveling in the same direction.

- Parker, CO, USA

Apr 132021

Palisade

Was drive on the expressway at 55mph and something struck the windshield. A small chip was on the glass. I called my insurance company and they sent safelite glass to repair the chip. After trying to repair the chip a large crack developed and now the windshield has to be replaced. The windshield is not safe in my opinion. A small chip should not cause the windshield to be replaced.

- Brentwood, NY, USA

Apr 022021

Palisade

Windshield wipers quit working all of sudden while driving when it's snowing causing one to pull off the road. It doesnżT have too be a heavy snow fall. It's a very scary experience and has happened on several occasions during 2020 & 2021 winters

- Garfield Hts, OH, USA

Apr 052021

Palisade

A tiny stone kicked up while driving on the freeway barely made a noise and cracked the windshield. I tried to have repaired and it spread. CanżT believe how fragile the wind shield is from a be tiny stone. I took it to safelite and it immediately spread, now I have to replace

- Garfield Hts, OH, USA

Mar 202021

Palisade

The windshield in this car is horrible! Iżve already had 2 cracks in it, one of which that has spread so bad it will have to be replaced. Only 15,000 miles on the car! never had anything like this happen with any other car Iżve owned.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Feb 202021

Palisade

Several times when it snowed this winter, I had issues with the windshield wipers freezing up on me. This seems like a major safety concern and should be addressed immediately.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Mar 202021

Palisade

Small pebble struck windshield and large crack occurred on driver side. Had windshield replaced on 2/25/21. On 3/20/21, another large crack appeared on drivers side for no apparent reason.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Feb 272021

Palisade

Driving on a two lane rural road during a snowstorm, a town snow plow stopped suddenly in front of me. When I stopped short, snow slid off of my roof onto the windshield. When this happened, my wipers stopped working altogether, leaving me with no forward visibility at all.

- Woodland Park, NJ, USA

Feb 182021

Palisade

With snow, the wipers just stop working if too much snow piles up in the well even when driving.

- Wheeling, WV, USA

Feb 162021

Palisade

I have a 2020 Palisade and I live in Maine. Today was the third separate episode that my wipers completely disabled while I was driving. I spent quite a while prior to driving cleaning out the area near the wipers, and had to stop three times on my hour long commute to work to clear more ice/snow from the area where the wipers rest. The first two times I was unsuccessful and it was very difficult to see. The wipers were working when I left my house and became disabled as I was driving. The weather was a mix of sleet, rain and snow but with minimal buildup that wouldżve caused the wipers to be disabled. I had no warning or visibility and an accident could have easily occurred. I have a video of the issue.

- Cornish, ME, USA

Feb 152021

Palisade

When snow builds up in the windshield wiper well the wipers stop working.

- Pekin, IL, USA

Feb 102021

Palisade

While driving a small pebble struck my windshield and immediately cracked it. This was not a rock, boulder or anything of size, it was a pebble. I have seen that other 2020 Palisade owners have also had their windshield crack under these same circumstances. Its unreal that Hyundai is allowed to sell cars with insufficient windshields with thin glass. This can potentially cause a safety hazard when your unable to see out of your cracked windshield at highway speeds.

- Saint John, IN, USA

Feb 032021

Palisade

Cracked driver window, no visual sign on ding

- Headland, AL, USA

Oct 012020

Palisade

Vehicle winshield cracked while driving down the road. It just cracked without impact from an object. Initial crack was aprox 10 inches long and now extends around 16 located directly in front of driver. Manufacturer will not cover and cost is over $1,200 dollars. Have delayed due to cost but it is impacting drivers vision.

- Haslet, TX, USA

Jan 102021

Palisade

New 2020 Palisade got a cracked windshield within 3 weeks of purchase (300 miles) from a tiny pebble at 30 mph on a side road. Replaced on 9/17/2020. A second crack appeared yesterday (1/10/21) on the replacement winshield at 6351 miles. Nothing was heard or seen to cause this one again driving G on a side road. So I have had two broken windshields on this new vehicle in a very short time under light driving conditions.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Feb 012020

Palisade

Wiper system appears to have built in protection for the motors that will stop them anytime snow builds up in the windshield well. This happens even if the windshield and windshield well are completely cleared prior to starting a drive. I've had to pull over twice on the highway to stop the vehicle, clear the snow, turn the vehicle off and back on to start the wipers to work again. Again, to be clear, all snow was removed from the windshield prior to driving.

- Newton, MA, USA

Dec 232020

Palisade

While driving during snowfall, snow accumulated over wiper area and blocks wipers from moving. We had to pull over on highway in middle of snowstorm and clear the wiper area. Extremely dangerous for myself and family. The wipers turn off if there's even a little amount of resistance, and the hood design allows for build up accumulation of snow where the wipers go.

- Hastings, MN, USA

Dec 142020

Palisade

The car was parked on my driveway. The weather during the day was 65 but then froze at night. Sometime during the night my entire back windshield shattered. There was glass all the way up to the front of the vehicle, in the cup holders, everywhere. The arm of the wiper also broke in half. There was no evidence of something being thrown or anything hitting the car. There was no other damage to the vehicle besides the windshield being shattered.

- Monroe, NJ, USA

Nov 282020

Palisade

We were driving on us-27 and a pebble sized stone hit the front windshield and had caused a 18 inch linear crack on the center of the windshield extending all the way to the top of the frame.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Oct 152020

Palisade

At 5,600 miles a crack developed behind the rearview mirror on the windshield. Within a day the crack traveled further down and curved toward the drivers side of the windshield. The car was parked in the garage when this occurred. Upon inspection of the windshield it looked as if a rock had hit the windshield but not big enough that we recalled hearing any impact while driving. The windshield is now a safety hazard and needs to be replaced.

- Boise, ID, USA