- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 2 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 9 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 20 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 37 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 45 days ago
Hyundai Recall 180: High Pressure Fuel Pipe May Leak
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Sonata and 2013-2014 Santa Fe Sport vehicles previously repaired under recall numbers 15V-568 and 17V-226. The high pressure fuel pipe that connects to the fuel pump outlet may have been damaged, misaligned, or improperly torqued during the engine replacement procedure, allowing fuel to leak from the pipe.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the fuel pipe, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began March 1, 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's recall number for this recall is 180.
- Documents (12)
- Miscellaneous Document - Chronology (Amended)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) Best Practices and FAQ's for Recall 180 – High Pressure Fuel Pipe Inspection and Replacement (Remedy Available) TSB #19-01-001H.
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.