- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 7 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 13 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 24 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 28 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 35 days ago
Hyundai Recall 167: Front Coil Springs May Fracture And Puncture Tire
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
If the coil spring fractures, it can puncture the tire, causing a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Springs — Coil Springs
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2018 Santa Fe Sport vehicles. The front coil springs may have been improperly manufactured and, as a result, may fracture under certain loads while driving.
- All of the affected vehicles are currently unsold on dealer lots. Dealers will replace both front coil springs, free of charge prior to the vehicle's sale. The recall began November 6, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 167.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 17-01-060 DATE OCTOBER, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Date: October 12, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 167: 2018 Santa Fe Sport Front Coil Springs (TSB #17-01-060)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall 167 Information 1 Date: October 5, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 167: 2018 Santa Fe Sport Front Coil Springs (Remedy Not Yet Available)
Click a tab for more information.