- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 6 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 21 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 24 days ago
Hyundai Recall 167: Front Coil Springs May Fracture And Puncture Tire
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
If the coil spring fractures, it can puncture the tire, causing a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Springs — Coil Springs
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2018 Santa Fe Sport vehicles. The front coil springs may have been improperly manufactured and, as a result, may fracture under certain loads while driving.
- All of the affected vehicles are currently unsold on dealer lots. Dealers will replace both front coil springs, free of charge prior to the vehicle's sale. The recall began November 6, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 167.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 17-01-060 DATE OCTOBER, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Date: October 12, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 167: 2018 Santa Fe Sport Front Coil Springs (TSB #17-01-060)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall 167 Information 1 Date: October 5, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 167: 2018 Santa Fe Sport Front Coil Springs (Remedy Not Yet Available)
Click a tab for more information.