- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 18 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 33 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 43 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Santa Fe Recall Ordered Over Damaged Airbags recalls | 43 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/SRS Air Bag Warning Light
1999 Hyundai Sonata
This condition could prevent seat mounted side impact air bag deployment during an accident where such deployment should occur. Non-deployment of the SRS side impact air bags could increase the risk of injury during an accident where side impact air bag deployment is intended.
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The supplemental restraint system (SRS) air bag warning light could illuminate due to motion of the side impact air bag wiring harness and side impact air bag wiring harness connector that mount to the adjustable seat cushion assembly. This condition only relates to the driver and/or passenger seat-mounted side impact air bag(s).
- Dealers will more securely fasten the front seat side impact air bag wiring harness and connectors to the vehicle's front seat cushion frames. Owner notification will occur in six mailings on May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24, and July 1, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.