- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 20 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 35 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 45 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Santa Fe Recall Ordered Over Damaged Airbags recalls | 45 days ago
Hyundai Recall 172: ABS Module May Short Circuit
2006 Hyundai Sonata
An electrical short within the ABS Module may cause an engine compartment fire, even when the car is turned off, increasing the risk of an injury.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2006-2011 Hyundai Azera and 2006 Hyundai Sonata vehicles. Water may enter the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Module and result in an electrical short.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install a relay in the vehicle's main junction box to prevent the risk of an ABS short-circuit while the car is turned off, free of charge. The recall began on February 19, 2018. Owners may call Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 172.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.