- November 30: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Settlement is Final news | 49 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Palisade Recall Will Protect Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 57 days ago
- November 7: Hyundai and Kia Power Window Lawsuit Filed in California news | 72 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq Hybrid Wheels May Detach recalls | 87 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars At Risk of Stability Problems recalls | 87 days ago
2009 Hyundai Sonata
2009 Hyundai Sonata Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Loss Of Power/Stalling While Driving5
- Check Engine Light On2
- Engine Knock2
- Excessive Oil Consumption1
- Froze Up With No Warraining1
- Oil Leak That Damaged The Alternator1
- Rough Idle1
- Starter Went Out1
- NHTSA: Engine38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control27
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.