- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 3 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 14 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 31 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 39 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 43 days ago
Hyundai Recall 174: Air Bags/Seat Belt Pretensioners May Be Disabled
2013 Hyundai Sonata
If the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags are disabled, there is an increased risk of injury to the vehicle occupants in the event of a vehicle crash that necessitates deployment of these safety systems.
Air Bags — Side/Window
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
Air Bags — Air Bag/Restraint Control Module
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2013 Sonata and 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. On February 27, 2018, Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) notified NHTSA that they were recalling 154,753 model year 2011 Sonata vehicles. On April 18, 2018, Hyundai expanded the recall to include an additional 425,305 model year 2012-2013 Sonata and 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. In the event of a crash, the air bag control unit (ACU) may short circuit, preventing the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags from deploying.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install an external wire filter kit, free of charge. The recall began October 15, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 174.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.