- November 3: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Expanded recalls | 29 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Recalls 2018 Santa Fe Sports After 4 Fires recalls | 31 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 32 days ago
- October 15: Hyundai 8-Speed Transmission Recall Issued After 230 Incidents recalls | 48 days ago
- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 62 days ago
Hyundai Recall 174: Air Bags/Seat Belt Pretensioners May Be Disabled
2013 Hyundai Sonata
If the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags are disabled, there is an increased risk of injury to the vehicle occupants in the event of a vehicle crash that necessitates deployment of these safety systems.
Air Bags — Air Bag/Restraint Control Module
Seat Belts — Pretensioner|Air Bags — Side/Window|Air Bags
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2013 Sonata and 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. On February 27, 2018, Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) notified NHTSA that they were recalling 154,753 model year 2011 Sonata vehicles. On April 18, 2018, Hyundai expanded the recall to include an additional 425,305 model year 2012-2013 Sonata and 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. In the event of a crash, the air bag control unit (ACU) may short circuit, preventing the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags from deploying.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install an external wire filter kit, free of charge. The recall began October 15, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 174.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.