- November 3: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Expanded recalls | 32 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Recalls 2018 Santa Fe Sports After 4 Fires recalls | 34 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 15: Hyundai 8-Speed Transmission Recall Issued After 230 Incidents recalls | 51 days ago
- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 65 days ago
Hyundai Recall 180: High Pressure Fuel Pipe May Leak
2014 Hyundai Sonata
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Sonata and 2013-2014 Santa Fe Sport vehicles previously repaired under recall numbers 15V-568 and 17V-226. The high pressure fuel pipe that connects to the fuel pump outlet may have been damaged, misaligned, or improperly torqued during the engine replacement procedure, allowing fuel to leak from the pipe.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the fuel pipe, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began March 1, 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's recall number for this recall is 180.
- Documents (12)
- Miscellaneous Document - Chronology (Amended)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) Best Practices and FAQ's for Recall 180 – High Pressure Fuel Pipe Inspection and Replacement (Remedy Available) TSB #19-01-001H.
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.