- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 3 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Oil Leak Problems Need Investigated, Alleges Petition investigations | 17 days ago
- August 24: Hyundai Palisade Fires Cause Warning to Park Outside recalls | 41 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Palisades Following Windshield Wiper Failures recalls | 45 days ago
- August 17: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Send Owners to Court news | 48 days ago
Hyundai Recall 126: Left Axle Shaft May Separate
2015 Hyundai Sonata
If the left axle shaft separates from the transaxle, the vehicle may stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, a separated axle shaft may allow the vehicle to roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 1.6 liter model year 2015 Sonata vehicles manufactured August 29, 2014, to October 28, 2014. The affected vehicles may have been assembled with an incorrect left axle shaft which may result in the shaft separating from the transaxle differential.
- Hyundai will notify owners, dealers will inspect and replace the axle shaft, as necessary, free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 126.
- Documents (12)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.