- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 3 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 50 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 61 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 81 days ago
Hyundai Recall 126: Left Axle Shaft May Separate
2015 Hyundai Sonata
If the left axle shaft separates from the transaxle, the vehicle may stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, a separated axle shaft may allow the vehicle to roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 1.6 liter model year 2015 Sonata vehicles manufactured August 29, 2014, to October 28, 2014. The affected vehicles may have been assembled with an incorrect left axle shaft which may result in the shaft separating from the transaxle differential.
- Hyundai will notify owners, dealers will inspect and replace the axle shaft, as necessary, free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 126.
- Documents (12)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.