- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 22 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 37 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 47 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Santa Fe Recall Ordered Over Damaged Airbags recalls | 47 days ago
Hyundai Recall 126: Left Axle Shaft May Separate
2015 Hyundai Sonata
If the left axle shaft separates from the transaxle, the vehicle may stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, a separated axle shaft may allow the vehicle to roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 1.6 liter model year 2015 Sonata vehicles manufactured August 29, 2014, to October 28, 2014. The affected vehicles may have been assembled with an incorrect left axle shaft which may result in the shaft separating from the transaxle differential.
- Hyundai will notify owners, dealers will inspect and replace the axle shaft, as necessary, free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 126.
- Documents (12)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.