2017 Hyundai Sonata fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Sonata:

2017 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 262017

Sonata Sport

I went for a car wash on 26 July and while coming out of car wash, the moment the person at the car wash area gave me a green signal, I changed my gear from Neutral to Drive and was just starting to accelerate, the car went out of control. It skid , picked up high speed a crashed into a concrete wall , breaking it and going 3 feet inside it. And this just happened in approx. 100 ft of distance. I am still surprised at car picking up that high speed at such a short distance that it broke a concrete wall. This car otherwise never accelerates so fast. The car was on economy mode. I just got lucky that I am alive and came out with minor bruises. After 2 weeks of dealing with Insurance and body shops estimates , finally my car is totaled now. I raised a case with Hyundai but they told me to keep the car as is because there investigation takes 6-8 weeks , but no one is ready to pay for storage fees of 50$ per day. So I had to move ahead with salvation and Hyundai closed my case. This is really upsetting and risky. I am sure non of my friends and family will ever buy a Hyundai anymore.

- pnar, Sacramento, US