- August 7: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- July 11: Hyundai Ioniq Hybrids Recalled Again Following Fires recalls | 33 days ago
- July 3: Hyundai Venue Recall Issued For Exploding Pretensioners recalls | 41 days ago
- June 11: Hyundai Pretensioner Recall Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 63 days ago
- May 27: Hyundai NEXO Vehicles Recalled For Hydrogen Leaks recalls | 78 days ago
Hyundai Recall 198: Engine Damage May Cause Stall Or Fire
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
A damaged engine can increase the risk of a fire or it can cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Veloster, 2012 Santa Fe, 2011-2013 Sonata Hybrid, and 2016 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. The connecting rod bearings inside the engine may wear prematurely, which over time can result in engine damage.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine. If bearing damage is found, the engine will be replaced. Dealers will also install a software update containing a new Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). Repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2021. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 198.
Click a tab for more information.