- August 7: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- July 11: Hyundai Ioniq Hybrids Recalled Again Following Fires recalls | 33 days ago
- July 3: Hyundai Venue Recall Issued For Exploding Pretensioners recalls | 41 days ago
- June 11: Hyundai Pretensioner Recall Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 63 days ago
- May 27: Hyundai NEXO Vehicles Recalled For Hydrogen Leaks recalls | 78 days ago
Hyundai TSB #5NPH9L4R02
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Affected Component: FUEL/PROPULSION SYSTEM (PWS)
- Hyundai has launched a service campaign to inspect and if needed, repair the evaporative emissions canister and bracket on certain model year 2011? 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and 2012 ? 2016 Veloster vehicles. This campaign affects such vehicles registered in and operated in Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. Reason for this Service Campaign During winter months, large quantities of salt are used to de-ice roads in the states noted above. Road salt and water can corrode the bracket holding the canister in place; as well as the seal within the canister. This can result in the need to replace these components and if necessary, the canister itself.
Click a tab for more information.