- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 1 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 33 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 54 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 64 days ago
Hyundai Recall 079: FMVSS 208/Driver Air Bag Module Replacement
2006 Hyundai Tucson
This can cause increased risk of injury to the driver under certain crash conditions.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- On certain vehicles, static air bag deployment testing conducted by NHTSA using fifth percentile female dummies indicated that a small stature adult driver not wearing a seat belt and involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, the deployment of the driver air bag may not occur.
- Dealers will replace the driver air bag module with one that is designed to provide an increased margin of compliance for low risk deployment for small stature adults who are not properly wearing the seat belts. The recall began on September 6, 2007, and will be performed in two mailings. Owners may contact Hyundai de puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.