- April 24: Hyundai Engine Oil Sludge Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 1 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 32 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 39 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 48 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 60 days ago
Hyundai Recall 079: FMVSS 208/Driver Air Bag Module Replacement
2006 Hyundai Tucson
This can cause increased risk of injury to the driver under certain crash conditions.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- On certain vehicles, static air bag deployment testing conducted by NHTSA using fifth percentile female dummies indicated that a small stature adult driver not wearing a seat belt and involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, the deployment of the driver air bag may not occur.
- Dealers will replace the driver air bag module with one that is designed to provide an increased margin of compliance for low risk deployment for small stature adults who are not properly wearing the seat belts. The recall began on September 6, 2007, and will be performed in two mailings. Owners may contact Hyundai de puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.