- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 23 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 34 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 80 days ago
Hyundai Recall 079: FMVSS 208/Driver Air Bag Module Replacement
2006 Hyundai Tucson
This can cause increased risk of injury to the driver under certain crash conditions.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- On certain vehicles, static air bag deployment testing conducted by NHTSA using fifth percentile female dummies indicated that a small stature adult driver not wearing a seat belt and involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, the deployment of the driver air bag may not occur.
- Dealers will replace the driver air bag module with one that is designed to provide an increased margin of compliance for low risk deployment for small stature adults who are not properly wearing the seat belts. The recall began on September 6, 2007, and will be performed in two mailings. Owners may contact Hyundai de puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.