- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 33 days ago
- October 29: Sunroof Airbags May One Day Protect You in Rollover Crashes news | 49 days ago
- October 28: Investigation Closed Into Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Problems investigations | 50 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 59 days ago
2016 Hyundai Tucson
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. That's right, an alarming number of owners have said their SUV wouldn't accelerate after a stop.
Turns out that's because the transmission's application logic has been stumbling all over itself. Hyundai recalled the issue in September 2016, but it's difficult to say if owners are out-of-the-woods, or if this is just a sign of things to come.
Worst 2016 Tucson Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems110
- AC / heater problems37
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 67
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 208
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems3
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Tucson Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Tucson compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Tucson overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tucson.