- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 22 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 23 days ago
- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 50 days ago
2016 Hyundai Tucson
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. That's right, an alarming number of owners have said their SUV wouldn't accelerate after a stop.
Turns out that's because the transmission's application logic has been stumbling all over itself. Hyundai recalled the issue in September 2016, but it's difficult to say if owners are out-of-the-woods, or if this is just a sign of things to come.
Worst 2016 Tucson Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems105
- AC / heater problems37
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 67
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 208
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems3
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Tucson Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Tucson compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Tucson overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tucson.