- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 6 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 10 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 57 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 68 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
Hyundai Recall 079: FMVSS 208/Driver Air Bag Module Replacement
2007 Hyundai Tucson
This can cause increased risk of injury to the driver under certain crash conditions.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- On certain vehicles, static air bag deployment testing conducted by NHTSA using fifth percentile female dummies indicated that a small stature adult driver not wearing a seat belt and involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, the deployment of the driver air bag may not occur.
- Dealers will replace the driver air bag module with one that is designed to provide an increased margin of compliance for low risk deployment for small stature adults who are not properly wearing the seat belts. The recall began on September 6, 2007, and will be performed in two mailings. Owners may contact Hyundai de puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.