- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 3 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 3 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 28 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 57 days ago
Hyundai Recall 079: FMVSS 208/Driver Air Bag Module Replacement
2007 Hyundai Tucson
This can cause increased risk of injury to the driver under certain crash conditions.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- On certain vehicles, static air bag deployment testing conducted by NHTSA using fifth percentile female dummies indicated that a small stature adult driver not wearing a seat belt and involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, the deployment of the driver air bag may not occur.
- Dealers will replace the driver air bag module with one that is designed to provide an increased margin of compliance for low risk deployment for small stature adults who are not properly wearing the seat belts. The recall began on September 6, 2007, and will be performed in two mailings. Owners may contact Hyundai de puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.