9.0

2015 Hyundai Tucson engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson:

2015 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jul 122019

Tucson

I purchased my 2015 Hyundai Tucson in August 2015. I have had regular maintenance done on the car and no mechanic has ever warned me of any potential engine issues. The car has 86,000 miles at this time.

On July 12, 2019, I was driving home at approximately 10:00 PM. About two miles from my home, without warning, my engine seized and the car stalled in the middle of a very busy and dangerous intersection. I am very grateful I was able to get my car out of the roadway and get safely home, thanks to a good Samaritan. However, this situation had the potential to be very devastating for me and others on the road.

I have since talked to a certified Hyundai mechanic and was told I would need a new engine. I contacted the Hyundai Customer Care Center and was informed that because I am not the original owner, the 10-year/100,000 mile warranty would not be honored. At this point, I am beyond frustrated. This is not user error; this is the fault of the manufacturer. I will never purchase a Hyundai again.

- K W., Del City, OK, US

Jun 022018

Tucson 2.0L

At last oil change, asked dealership about car. It felt like something wasn't right. Was told needed brake pads and alignment. Got that taken care of. On June 2nd while driving to my daughters wedding an hour away from home with my newborn baby, car starts knocking and dies. I was 7.1 miles away from my destination and yes, I missed the most important day in my daughters life. Oil light never came on. Saw nothing leaking. Right before car dies, engine light came on. Once car died, oil and battery light came on. I was approaching a guard rail when it died and luckily we were able to coast to end of that to get over little more off of the highway.

Frustrating part in all of this Hyundai power train warranty is original owner only. I purchased a extended warranty capped out on mileage and not by much by 1000 and to top it off I had engines for life with dealership but yet they told me they quit putting the additive in peoples vehicles you have to ask for it yet was never told you had to ask for it. Frustrating trying to find rides to work and no way to fix my car.

- Shannon H., Joplin, MO, US