Warped Brakes

2014 Infiniti Q50

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Infiniti dealer.

$690

2014 Infiniti Q50 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Infiniti Q50:

2014 Infiniti Q50 Owner Comments

Feb 042016

2014 Q50 sport

The 3rd entry. We bought the car in the end of 2013, and in 2014, 2015 and in 2016, we had issues with the brakes at least once a year since we got the car brand new. The 3rd time I got a brake kit from Amazon they were marked as a racing brake kit (4 drilled and slotted rotors and 2 sets of upgraded brake pads). And after using the OEM parts the first 2 times I decided it was time to try after market parts. I want to say the aftermarket parts lasted longer than The OEM parts did but they really didn’t. We installed the aftermarket parts at around 26,000 to 30,000miles and they started vibrating not too long after installed. After that install we kinda lost track of the mileage when we changed them but it’s been every damn year since we purchased it. We are about to replace them for the 5th time at our own cost (again), about $700. And that price is with me replacing them, the dealer wanted 1,200 to replace them every time.

Jan 222018

Q50 Sport 3.7L

2014 Q50 Sport. This is the fifth time having to replace the Rotors and pads because of the rotors warping again. We have kinda lost track of the exact miles because it’s at the point that after installing the new parts within a few months they are vibrating and need replacement but it would cost way to much money to replace them as soon as they start shaking because they only last about 5,000 miles when the shaking starts. This time I changed them in 2018.

I’m done putting these on here separately. We have had to replace the rotors and pads 6 times total since we got the piece of poop. At least there has been one good thing about the COVID 19 - my wife has been working from home so that has saved us about 2,000 dollars in brake parts. 😂Anyone want to buy an infinity that has new brakes 😂 just kidding.

Just an example of how I drive. I bought a 2002 Dodge 1500 with 20,000 miles on it and when I sold it had 90,000 miles on it and I never had to replace the pads or rotors and that’s with me pulling a 24’ car hauler and a 20’ boat all the time.

Feb 222017

Q50 Sport 3.7L

2014 Q50 sport have had the issues with the brakes since we bought the car new. We have had to replace the brake rotors and pads at least once a year if not more often. (It starts vibrating from rotors being warped after about 5 to 10,000 miles). This time would be the 4th time the rotors and pads have had to be replaced from being warped, and Infiniti thinks their parts are made of solid gold it seems. One of the issues I have with it is that there is no fix for it yet because it’s not from normal wear and tear so this will be an issue for the life of this car and I wouldn’t recommend this kinda car to anyone I like. Lol.

Jul 072014

Q50 Sport 3.7L V6

Brakes were warped after being cut twice. Sport brakes were terrible..they tried to fix the issue. The only way was to replace the brakes. They also make horrible groaning noises sounded like a rusty swing set

- Mike H., Endicott, NY, US