Jaguar Recall J072: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2010 Jaguar XF
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain 2014-2015 Jaguar XF vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Unless included in "Zone A" above, Jaguar is also recalling certain 2011-2015 Jaguar XF vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Unless included in Zone A and Zone B above, Jaguar is also recalling certain 2010-2015 Jaguar XF vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag assembly, free of charge. Owners may contact 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is J072.
- Documents (9)
- Miscellaneous Document - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALL
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 11-JAN-18 - NOTIFICATION OF SAFETY RECALL J072 (NHTSA 18V-010)
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALLS
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Technical Bulletin
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - Takata Passenger AirBag Recalls
- Miscellaneous Document
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.