- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 12 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 23 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 30 days ago
Jeep Recall R45: Radio Software Security Vulnerabilities
2015 Jeep Renegade
Exploitation of the software vulnerability may result in unauthorized remote modification and control of certain vehicle systems, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software — Cybersecurity
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2015 Jeep Renegade vehicles manufactured September 18, 2014, to June 25, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with radios that have software vulnerabilities that can allow third-party access to certain networked vehicle control systems.
- Chrysler will notify and mail affected owners a USB drive that includes a software update that eliminates the vulnerability, free of charge. Optionally, owners may download the update to their own USB drive from www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ or take their vehicle to a Chrysler dealer for immediate installation. In an effort to mitigate the effects of this security vulnerability, Chrysler has had the wireless service provider close the open cellular connection to the vehicle that provided unauthorized access to the vehicle network. This measure may not have been implemented on all vehicles and does not address access by other means that will be remedied by the software update. The recall began on September 30, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R45.
- Documents (17)
- Software Update Detailed Instructions - Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) Supplement
- Communications Cover Letter
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) Supplement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R45081415
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Remedy Instructions and TSB with Owner Notification Letter - September 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.