ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2018 Jeep Renegade seat belts / air bags problems: service airbag system light on

Service Airbag System Light On

2018 Jeep Renegade

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

6.0

1. replace wires (1 reports)
2018 Jeep Renegade seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Jeep Renegade:

2018 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Dec 182018

Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L

So we got our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Edition on 12/18/2018 brand new from the dealer. He pulled it up front and we got in it to drive our new car home. I adjusted all the mirrors and seat, but as I moved the seat forward all of a sudden the service airbag light came on in the dashboard. Since it was late and the dealer just closed after finishing our paper work, I called them that next morning. Mind you, at the time the light came on the Jeep had only 15 miles on it. After taking it to the dealer to get it repaired, they told me that I would have to come back on Friday at 10:15am because no one was available to look at it. So I brought it in today 12/21/2018 and was informed that there was a malfunction in one of the airbag controllers in the headliner of the Jeep and the estimated time of repair would be about 5 days to be completed. So they gave us a courtesy car for now until Wednesday. The fact that the airbag was malfunctioning and I could have gotten in an accident prior to my appointment and driving with that light on could mean (according the the owners manual) that the airbags may have not deployed in the case of an accident, which is pretty serious. Especially since it was a new vehicle with only 15 miles on it and when I notified them that the airbag light was on they didn’t give me safe transportation.

- Ray K., Tacoma, WA, US