- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 2 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 17 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 20 days ago
- February 28: Kia Soul Fire Recall Ordered Over Catalytic Converters recalls | 20 days ago
Kia Recall SC158: Brake Pedal Stopper May Deteriorate
2013 Kia Forte
If the brake light switch plunger does not retract as it should when the brake pedal is not being pressed, the brake lights may stay illuminated preventing accurate communication to following vehicles that the vehicle is slowing or stopping. Additionally, if the brake switch plunger is not retracted, then the transmission can be shifted out of PARK without depressing the brake pedal. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2012-2014 Forte and Forte Koup vehicles. The brake pedal stopper pad can deteriorate allowing the brake light switch plunger to remain extended when the brake pedal is released. This will allow the brake lights to remain illuminated continuously. It can also allow the shift lever to be moved without depressing the brake pedal, or activate the engine management brake pedal override feature.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal stopper pad, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 30, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC158.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.