- October 19: Kia Recalls Soul and Soul EV Cars, 3rd Time, Same Problem recalls | 4 days ago
- October 14: Kia Recalls 2017 Sorento SUVs Over Crankshaft Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- September 10: General Motors Sued After Child's Death in Saturn Aura Crash news | 43 days ago
- August 13: Kia Lawsuit Says Connecting Rod Bearings Leave Metal in Oil news | 71 days ago
- July 31: Kia Soy-Based Wiring Chewed by Rodents: Lawsuit news | 84 days ago
2013 Kia Forte
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 Kia Forte
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Kia Forte by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2013 Kia Forte SEAT BELTS:FRONT:RETRACTOR NHTSA Campaign #16V312000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2013 Forte vehicles manufactured September 10, 2012, to October 31, 2012. The screws that hold the front seatbelt retractor retaining plates may not have been properly tightened, and as a result, the seatbelt retractor retaining plates may break in a crash.
Consequence: If a retaining plate breaks during a crash, pieces of the plate could strike the occupants, increasing risk of injury.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace both front seatbelt assemblies, as necessary, free of charge. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. The recall began July 1, 2016. Kia's number for this recall is SC132. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V312000 »