- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 7 days ago
- August 1: Kia Recalls Optimas For Forward Collision System Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 28 days ago
- July 26: Kia Sued After 2011 Soul Hit An Alligator news | 29 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 35 days ago
Kia Recall SC077: Stop Lamp Switch Replacement
2007 Kia Sedona
Any of these malfunctions, alone or in combination, may lead to a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Huyndai-Kia is recalling 139,844 MY 2006-2007- Sedona, sportage, sorento and my rondo and amanti vehicles. The stop lamp switch in the affected vehicles may malfunction. A malfunctioning stop lamp switch may cause the brake lights to not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed or may cause the brake lights to remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released. A stop lamp switch malfunction may also affect the operation of the brake-transmission shift interlock feature so the transmission shifter would not be able to be shifted out of the park position. It may also cause the electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light to illuminate, and it may not deactivate the cruise control when the brake pedal is depressed.
- Dealers will replace the stop lamp switch free of charge. The recall began on June 17, 2009. Owners may contact Kia's consumer assistance center at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.