2016 Mazda CX-5 lights problems: daytime running led light failure

Daytime Running Led Light Failure

2016 Mazda CX-5 (Page 2 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mazda dealer.

7.5

$1,100

1. replace headlamp (12 reports)
  3. replace headlight assembly (3 reports)
2016 Mazda CX-5 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-5:

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 062018

CX-5 Grand Touring 4 cyl

Have read many complaints from other CX5 owners about the DRL (daytime running lights) not working. Warranty ran out 2 weeks ago. I contacted the Mazda hotline and told them that the drivers side DRL quit working just before the warranty ran out, but due to a family illness I couldn't get to the dealer until now. They told me they needed more info from the dealer and would get back to me..I'm waiting. This should definitely be a factory recall for the life of the vehicle. If they won't cover it under warranty, I'll just have the other one turned off.and use my headlights in the day time.when necessary.

- John J., El Segundo, CA, US

Oct 012017

CX-5 Grand Touring 4 cyl

Currently fighting to get the Extended Warranty to cover the replacement headlamp assembly. The dealer is saying they typically don't cover headlights/bulbs. This is not a replaceable part by the consumer. The LED's are marketed to last the life of the vehicle, so why is this happening less than 3 years into ownership of the car??? This is unacceptable and a very common safety failure. Why isn't this a recall Mazda??? Do you want to lose a bunch of loyal customers? I wouldn't! MAKE IT RIGHT DAMNIT! I'll see you in court.

- Tracey A., North East, MD, US