- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 8 days ago
- September 2: Mazda Recalls RX-8, Mazda6 and MazdaSpeed6 Cars Over Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 51 days ago
- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 57 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine & A/C defects as the two previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure, turbo failure, & the A/C compressor clutch seizing. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 758 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: