- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 35 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 62 days ago
2010 Mazda CX-7
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
Worst 2010 Mazda CX-7 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 24
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- transmission problems1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 41
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-7 Model Years
Curious how the 2010 CX-7 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-7 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-7.