- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 39 days ago
- January 20: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8 and B-Series For Takata Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 65 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 83 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 86 days ago
2010 Mazda CX-7
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
Worst 2010 Mazda CX-7 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 23
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 49
- transmission problems1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 41
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-7 Model Years
Curious how the 2010 CX-7 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-7 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-7.