- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 24: Mazda B-Series Trucks Recalled Again to Replace Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- November 30: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 Cars At Risk of Stalling recalls | 47 days ago
- November 30: Mazda Recalls 2017 CX-5 SUVs to Fix Trailer Hitch Harnesses recalls | 47 days ago
Vvt Broke And Busted Through All Cylinders
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 67,220 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)