- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 24: Mazda B-Series Trucks Recalled Again to Replace Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- November 30: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 Cars At Risk of Stalling recalls | 47 days ago
- November 30: Mazda Recalls 2017 CX-5 SUVs to Fix Trailer Hitch Harnesses recalls | 47 days ago
2009 Mazda CX-7
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine & A/C defects as the two previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure, turbo failure, & the A/C compressor clutch seizing. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
Worst 2009 CX-7 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 15
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 1
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-7 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CX-7 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-7 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-7.