- February 11: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Daytime Running Lights Recall Issued recalls | 16 days ago
- December 28: Mazda Smart Brake Support Lawsuit Says Camera Overheats news | 61 days ago
- December 21: Mazda3 Automatic Emergency Braking Recall Issued recalls | 68 days ago
- December 11: Mazda Recall Ordered For Second Time To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 78 days ago
- December 2: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Daytime Running Lights Cause Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
Headlights Burning Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replace bulb (1 reports)