- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 0 days ago
- April 14: Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Problems Cause Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 7 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 30 days ago
- February 6: Mazda MX-5 Miata Recall Issued For 14,370 Cars recalls | 74 days ago
Headlights Burning Out
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replace bulb (1 reports)