CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

6.7

$70

2. replace bulb (1 reports)
2010 Mazda CX-7 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Apr 032019

CX-7 Grand Touring 2.3L Turbo Awd

The headlights on this vehicle burn out every few months. I have spent hundreds of dollars replacing these. I have never experienced this issue with any other vehicle. I purchased this vehicle brand new.

- Danielle L., Castle Rock, WA, US

Aug 012016

CX-7

The date I entered is only the latest time I had it fixed! My passenger head light burns out about every 3-5 months. Not only is it a Pain in the butt but it's expensive. I have to put it in the shop to have it repaired. Its not like you just plug in a new bulb. The entire front panel has to be taken off and I cannot do this. I have to pay someone aprx. $50.00. I'm not sure if this is going to be an electrical problem which can get very expensive to trace down or if I should just continue to have them changed. Should it get into electrical problems.....I may as well get rid of the car!

- hookedonthis, Pearland, TX, US

Apr 012013

CX-7

headlight housing defect and bulbs keep going out

My passenger headlight goes out about every 5 months and I have to pay my mechanic $65 each time to fix it and this is the way I bought the car without knowing it.

- camdendl, Covington, OH, US