ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2011 Mazda CX-7 lights problems: headlights keep going out

Headlights Keep Going Out

CarComplaints.com Notes: So far Mazda seems to have fixed the serious engine & A/C defects that plagued the 2007-2010 CX-7s. We're giving it a tentative "Good" rating for now.

$70

2011 Mazda CX-7 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-7:

2011 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Nov 012018

CX-7 SV 2.5L 4 cyl

It has been 7 years this car has been made but Mazda took no action. Dealerships charge too much. It's against the law to cheat customers. I know with most cars there are issues, but it's the manufacturers responsibility to fix the flaws. Headlight problems are dangerous... it may costs someones life.

- Ananjay M., Russellville, AR, US

Feb 132018

CX-7 2.5L

Haven't had light fixed just yet. I'm unfortunately unemployed now with absolutely no income so figured I drive around with one headlight for now until I decide if I have dealer fix and charge it or talk to a friend who does car repairs on the side from his service job at a Buick dealership.

Can't really spend $70 plus dollars to get light fixed.

Guess what? On February 17th, four days later, the passenger and only working headlight left goes out. I can't drive at night or when it rains due to IL State law that if wipers are on, headlights must be on. This is going to cost me nearly $200 at the dealer now if I go with them.

Look for my February 17th complaint for feedback from big wigs at Mazda via Customer Experience Center.

Apr 202015

CX-7 2.5L

Exactly a year later had my car back in with dealer to replace now the passenger low beam headlight bulb. Bought my 2011 Mazda CX-7 on January 21, 2012. Two years later driver side low beam headlight bulb was replaced as it went out. Now car back in a year later for the same for the passenger headlight. I'm starting to see a trend here that something is wrong with car. I even went from leaving headlights on all the time with auto shut off to only turning on the headlights when needed (rainy weather when wipers are on because it is a law in IL to have headlights on then and at night).

This is getting to be expensive maintenance on this car. Actually it isn't maintenance, there must be a problem with the lights but no recall known as of yet. Get fixed and drive on.

More complaints to follow.

Jun 302017

CX-7 2.5L

Back in to the dealers to replace AGAIN the driver side low beam bulb. Don't have to be a genius to realize that there is a trend here and something is wrong with the headlights. I ask service guy if he's seen any other Mazda's like mine go through this many headlight bulbs. He says no. I think now he lied to me (as of 2/19/2018 based on my latest complaint I plan to file here).

I have NEVER replaced this many headlight bulb on all my cars combined that I've had over the years since 1983.

Still no recall has been issued and if no one else is having similar problem based on service guy's response, I must have a lemon perhaps. Leave dealer and drive on. Two more complaints to follow.

Apr 182014

CX-7 2.5L

Bought my 2011 Mazda CX-7 on January 21, 2012. By April 18, 2014 had to replace driver side headlight bulb. Never had to replace a blown bulb this early in any car I've owned; new or used. To replace bulb on the CX-7 have to remove wheel from car.....what a pain in the ass......so I took to dealer to have replaced as I didn't have time to fool with removing wheel, etc. This was just the beginning of the blown headlight saga. Four more complaints to follow on this site including a summary of my conversation with the Customer Experience Center on February 19, 2018. Representative was nice; just didn't like that the big wigs at Mazda didn't do a damn thing with regard to customer satisfaction.