Mazda Recall 8515G: Corrosion Of Front Suspension Ball Joint
2012 Mazda CX-9
Over time, the ball joint corrosion may result in the front lower control arm separating from the ball joint, causing a loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Ball Joint
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Arm
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2007-2014 CX-9 vehicles manufactured October 24, 2006, to December 28, 2013. The affected vehicles have front suspension ball joints that may corrode from water leaking into the fitting.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace both the left and right lower control arms, free of charge. The recall began on September 14, 2015. The recall will begin with model year 2007-2009 vehicles registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Wisconsin. The second phase will be for model year 2010-2014 vehicles in the same states. Finally, all remaining vehicles will be remedied. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 8515G.
- Documents (19)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Mailed to owners of 2012-14 MY vehicles registered in "Salt States" & 2009-14 MY in other states
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - CX-9 Control Arms Inspection Prior to Launch of Safety Recall 8515G
- Recall 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - DATE: September 2015 SUBJECT: 2007-2014 CX-9 Front Lower Control Arms - Safety Recall 8515G
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Missing Quarterly Report Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety Recall 8515G – 2007-2014 CX-9 Lower Control Arms
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- ATTACHMENT I –SERVICE INFORMATION Safety Recall 8515G
- Recall Quarterly Report #7, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #8, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #9, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #10, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.